Tuesday, November 11, 2008

PC World's Top Ten Overrated Products


You may have seen this list in the November issue of PC World but, I want to toss my thoughts (or the lack thereof) on some.


1. OVERRATED: Touch interface (iPhone 3G) - UNDERRATED: A good keyboard (Sidekick 2008)
I kinda agree on this. Touch screens may be easier and the new thing to replace a mouse now that it's coming to computers but, it's way better to have some kind of keyboard. A PHYSICAL keyboard.

2. OVERRATED: The Wii - UNDERRATED: The PSP
Is it possible a Wii can be overrated when it's just about impossible to even get one after it came out in what, 2006? Possible. To me, the PSP is ok as an mp3 player, which is how I use mines, but, the games are.... "eh".

3. OVERRATED: Mini-notebooks - UNDERRATED: Ultraportable laptops

4. OVERRATED: iTunes downloads - UNDERRATED: Pandora and Slacker
I have a Pandora account and it's a nice service. I do agree iTunes is overrated. People now are being to dependent on getting music from there. *COUGH*torrents*COUGH*

5. OVERRATED: Facebook - UNDERRATED: Multiply
Never heard of or used Multiply but i want to know is why MySpace wasn't included as overrated?

6. OVERRATED: iPod Touch - UNDERRATED: Zune
Just about anything Applewise is overrated but, I think the Zune is slightly stupid. No reason why. I just do.

7. OVERRATED: Google Apps  - UNDERRATED: OpenOffice 3.0

8. OVERRATED: Photoshop CS3 - UNDERRATED: Paint.NET
Paint.NET = MS Paint with more options

9. OVERRATED: XP - UNDERRATED: Vista
Wrong. It's just... wrong! Vista is shit so, how is it underrated?

10. OVERRATED: Streaming video - UNDERRATED: Blu-ray DVD

Reply with your thoughts on this list.

Posted by email from Outsanity's Posterous

blog comments powered by Disqus