Sunday, July 6, 2008

Games To Movies

If you remember on April 1st, 2008, IGN.com posted their joke known as "The Legend Of Zelda: The Movie" trailer. Like many people, I thought it would make a good movie just by IGN's faux trailer. So, now I'm wondering "what games could be turned into movies if done right?". I, kind of, made a list of games I personally think could get the big screen treatment.

*Halo - I don't have Xbox but, I would assume it could be a movie if done right.
*Megaman - If done right, it could be a good series. The birth of Megaman and Dr. Wily and Sigma teaming up some how. Protoman being bad but then turning good.
*Mario Bros. - I know there's already a movie about them but, we need an ACCURATE remake. The only correct thing is the last name (Mario Mario & Luigi Mario) and they were from Brooklyn.
*Sonic The Hedgehog - If he can have 5 cartoon shows and many comics, why not do a movie? The way they do Sonic in the games now, they can do the same for a movie.
*Paper Mario - I'm sorry but, I would pay to watch a well done Paper Mario movie. That's just me.

This is just a small list but I'm sure there's some I'm missing (and some I can't seem to think of). So, I say go for the gusto and post a comment of what you think would make a good Game-to-Movie.

blog comments powered by Disqus