Sunday, July 13, 2008

Flickr Are Douchebags

Well, let me explain. This will be quick.
I emailed Flickr in attempt to gain access to my "hidden" photos since I'm back to a free user. I checked my email and here's their reply:

Hello, Outsanity Photos!

This is an automatically generated copy of a help case reply:

-------------------------
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Flickr Customer Care.

I'll be more than glad to assist you.

Since you have a Free account you can only see the latest 200 uploads,
the old ones haven't been deleted, they have just been hidden until you
upgrade to Pro or make space for old files.

If you want to upgrade to Pro please check this link:

http://www.flickr.com/upgrade/

If you don't want to upgrade to Pro, you can make copies of the photos
that you do see and save them in your PC. After this you can delete the
latest uploads, and the old ones should come up.

Thank you again for contacting us. If you have any other questions,
please feel free to reply to this email.
Regards,


Ian
Flickr Customer Care

Ummm... maybe I'm missing something but would it had killed Flickr to maybe give me temp PRO for one day? If I wanted to delete my recent photos, why would I bother to even upload them in the first place? I know they need to make money but to push going PRO when you're asking for help don't really reflect "customer care" to me.

blog comments powered by Disqus