Sunday, June 8, 2008

What's In YourSpace?

I'm sitting here just wondering "What might make a social network site better or how to improve one?" and a few things have struck me. I'm doing this on the fly so, bare with me.

*Intergrade Twitter: Now, when I say "Twitter", I don't mean just Twitter. That includes FriendFeed, Jakiu, Pownce, and whatever other like sites there are. Since these are getting more and more popular, it would make sense to add them internally than adding a widget.
*No Apps!: I hate all apps. Facebook started that shit and it's nothing but spam enhancers. Now MySpace started making apps (a complete ripoff from Facebook) and... well, it's just stupid.
*Don't Go Pro: I'm sure some people would pay for a pro account that will add extra features but, why not just push them out out of love of your community?
*Spam Control: Easier said than done in most cases. There has to be more than doing CATCHPA's or making the CATCHPA more stronger. Tho, CATCHPAs that are in the login page are also good.
*No Privacy: Why do you bother to join a social community if you're going to make yourself private? If you have something to hide, you might want to not be on the internet at all. That's more of an "iPetPeeve" of mines.

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting but thi sis the list for now.

blog comments powered by Disqus