Wednesday, June 11, 2008

iPhony

I could talk about all the talk about the iPhone having 3G (whatever the fuck that is) and all it's fancy new features that... well, you may not really use much of BUT, I want to talk about something people might tend to overlook. Yep, I'm talking about phone plans.

As everyone knows, most people these days pretty much replaced the home phone with a cell phone thus making it their "mobile house phone" (reading that aloud sounds so "hillbillyish", eh?). Sure, lots of people can not only afford the iPhone itself but can also afford the contract price and all the bullshit fees like texting.
[SIDENOTE RANT]If all you do the most is texting on your phone, then why bother having a phone? Just get a laptop, install your IM clients (I suggest getting Digsby) and get like a broadband network card so you can walk about looking like a bigger dork than you do trying to text someone about some cute person you saw in the mall with your big fat fingers and the oh-so tiny buttons. Fucking nincompoops.[/SIDENOTE RANT]
Now, someone like me, I would get an iPhone but, I don't want a contract. The only failsafe commitment I'll make is to a future wife. I read on FriendFeed that a rumor is that Apple might do the "Pay & Go" iPhone after the new one comes out. Would I get one if that rumor was true? HELL YES! I think Apple would benefit with a PAYG (pay as you go) plan. Why waste contract fees for a phone you'll barely use? You know I'm right.

Now, this is where I plead to Apple that they need to do Pay & Go.

Dear Apple, Steve Jobs, and the rest of the super smart fucks over there,
I'm sure you guys are happy to have invented everything and be almost as powerful as Oprah. What, I, as a possible future Apple consumer, would like is an iPhone that I can pay for whatever minutes I feel I need to have than paying ridiculous amounts of contract fees just to call home or calling my one out of state friend. I beg of you... PLEASE consider doing a Pay & Go iPhone. Thank You.

P.S. If you have any recent MacBooks or iMacs just sitting around, I'll be willing to take them as a donation just to help you guys out.


Outsanity

blog comments powered by Disqus