Friday, May 23, 2008

Zooomr vs. Flickr: Who's Better To You?

I assume everyone knows about Flickr and how it works so, I'll skip to the meaty chunk, ok?

So, I signed up for another online photo community site called Zooomr (yes, three O's). Now, i never heard of this site until i noticed Thomas Hawk had uploaded some photos. As usual, I joined it just to see what's doing.

If you're used to Flickr, then you'll quickly adapt to Zooomr.
It's the same method: upload photos and share them. The do have PRO accounts but compared to Flickr, I like it. Why?


Check-out some of these great Pro-Only features:

* Zipline Complete: Is page 1 just not enough? Zipline Complete gives you the ability to view all of your friend's Zipline messages.
* Social Stream: Find tons of up-to-date social information from your Photos and Social Circle, all at-a-glance!
* Discover Pro: Want better exposure for your photos, Discover Pro shows the world photos from our Pro Users
* Better Support: While we help everyone as best we can, being a Pro will escalate your issues to the top of our lists.
* Ad-Free Layout: View Zooomr without the advertisements!


Most of the stuff listed here I don't really mind but, you're telling me I don't have to pay for "Unlimited Photo Storage" and "Unlimited Sets/Collections"?
Already, I may switch to Zooomr for my photos.

OH! and Zoomer actually detects my Sony Handycam whereas Flickr only detects my Cybershot.

Sorry Flickr but... Zooomer is my new favorite.

blog comments powered by Disqus