Monday, February 9, 2009

Fighting Torrents Don't Work So Why Not Work With Them?


Everyone knows this story backward and forwards. But, the problem is that the epic battle over legal and P2P may never end. My solution to this is simple. Why not work with the torrent sites instead of suing? Kind of shocking, right? Well, let me try to make sense out of it.
As long as I been downloading (yes, I admit I'm a torrent user) it was a way to try out a product without coughing up money to find out you spend money on something you don't like later on. Kind of like a relationship. Sorry, I just had to throw that in there. Bootleggers used to sneak a camera in the theaters, and make their own DVD's (VHS tapes back in the day) and sell it on the street. Blah, blah, blah. Back to the point.
When I used to download movies the best ones were the Screener copies. I'll assume everyone knows what a Screener copy is. If not, ask in the comments. Even to this day, someone still uploads Screener DVD's of movies that's in the theaters now. Inside job? Maybe.
So here's how the solution would work. The MPAA, RIAA, and companies would sit with the heads of the torrent sites and offer some kind of deal for helping push and promote these movies. And since America is fucked for cash, torrents would be the best way unless ticket prices was like... 5 bucks a ticket. Besides, I seen plenty of comments on some sites that say how good a program/movie is and it would be worth the money. Is that not a form of advertising?
Side note: My favorite band NIN now push their music via torrents.

Posted via email from Outsanity's Posterous

blog comments powered by Disqus